Pengurusan Air Selangor Sdn Bhd
Client’s Requirement: Labohan Dagang Water Treatment Plant
As the Occupational Safety and Health (Control of Industrial Major Accident Hazards) Regulations 1996 require that the CIMAH Safety Report be prepared, a new CIMAH Safety Report has been carried out for Labohan Dagang WTP
- The implementation of Safety Management System in both the operation and maintenance of the site to prevent and control major industrial accident;
- The safety engineering standards implemented are adequate;
- The potential major hazards associated with the activity are identified and assessed for both site personnel and the public; and
- Provision to limit the consequences to personnel, public and environment of any accident, in the form of emergency response plan and distribution of public safety leaflets.
Benefits & ROI:
- The preparation of the CIMAH Report gives benefits to the owner as it imposes a discipline of self-examination on matters central to safe operation of the activity.
- It ensures that there are effective systems for major accident hazard assessment and risk management.
- It leads to greater awareness of the potential for a major accident which is essential for better understanding of the measures necessary for effective control.
- It also assists in the development of a manual essential for the safe running of the activity.
- It also makes sure that the plant is in compliance with the CIMAH regulations.