Pengurusan Air Selangor Sdn Bhd
Client’s Requirement: Sg Labu Water Treatment Plant
As the Occupational Safety and Health (Control of Industrial Major Accident Hazards) Regulations 1996 require that the CIMAH Safety Report be updated within three years of the date of the last report, an update of the previous CIMAH Safety Report has been carried out for Sg Labu WTP.
- The implementation of Safety Management System in both the operation and maintenance of the site to prevent and control major industrial accident;
- The safety engineering standards implemented are adequate;
- The potential major hazards associated with the activity are identified and assessed for both site personnel and the public; and
- Provision to limit the consequences to personnel, public and environment of any accident, in the form of emergency response plan and distribution of public safety leaflets.
Benefits & ROI:
- The preparation of the CIMAH Report gives benefits to the owner as it imposes a discipline of self-examination on matters central to safe operation of the activity.
- It ensures that there are effective systems for major accident hazard assessment and risk management.
- It leads to greater awareness of the potential for a major accident which is essential for better understanding of the measures necessary for effective control.
- It also assists in the development of a manual essential for the safe running of the activity.
- It also makes sure that the plant is in compliance with the CIMAH regulations.