Fiix Reliability Centred Maintenance
What is Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM)
RCM is a corporate-level maintenance strategy that is implemented to optimize the maintenance program of a company or facility.
Advantages of reliability centred maintenance
- Increases the equipment availability.
- Reduces maintenance and resource costs.
7 steps to implement reliability centred maintenance
- Selection of equipment for RCM analysis.
- Define the boundaries and function of the systems that contain the selected equipment.
- Define the ways in which the system can fail (failure modes).
- Identify the root causes of the failure modes.
- Assess the effects of failure.
- Select a maintenance tactic for each failure mode.
- Implement and then regularly review the maintenance tactic selected.
The impact of reliability centred maintenance
By implementing RCM processes, it allows you to reduce costs, improve safety, and eliminate maintenance tasks that are not effective, and avoid waste of valuable time and resources.