Let’s get real. What office worker hasn’t heard of Office 365? Unless you still use a typewriter, you probably spend a great portion of your day in Microsoft Office applications. There are, after all, about 155 million active business users of Office 365, making it the most widely used cloud service by user count.
Regardless, there’s room for more efficiency.
The Main Problem: User Adoption
User adoption is the key to realizing benefits when adding new systems and solutions to your tech stack. And this is one of the key challenges businesses face when digitalizing their workplace and implementing Office 365.
55% of businesses say that the biggest ongoing issue for Office 365 is persuading users to manage and share content in Office 365 and not elsewhere.
The Sensitive Document Problem
According to the AIIM 2018 Industry Watch Office 365 Revolution Impact on Governance and Process Automation, 46% of an organization’s sensitive documents are contained in Office documents. The unstructured documents make it hard to manage business critical and sensitive data.
And, to make matters worse, it is estimated that as much as datahub.com/blog/do-not-ignore-structured-data-big-data-analytics”>90% of all data is unstructured, and that unstructured data is stored in at least four different content repositories.
M-Files to the Rescue
According to feedback from our customers, there are five main challenges they face with Office 365 implementations.
- Managing document permissions in Teams and SharePoint
- Archiving sites and documents
- Managing content that is stored outside of Office 365 repositories
- Finding the best practices to information-management-is-your-secret-weapon-in-data-security/” >manage information
- Figuring out where to save information — which Teams site, which channel in Teams
We help solve all those problems. Document management for Teams or other Office 365 tools has never been easier.
Permissions are role-based and easily managed with metadata. Archiving is automated with AI-driven tools. Content outside of Office 365 can still be managed from the familiar Office interface, e.g. Teams. Best practices are enhanced with automated workflows and processes. And M-Files can help you gain access and edit content from different places in one common view.
Bridging the Gap between Structured Business Data and Unstructured Documents
Our unique approach manages information based on what it is rather than where it lives. M-Files connects several business systems and external repositories and allows you to manage information from any repository.
You can easily get a 360-degree view of your business without the pain of migration. Rather, you can gradually migrate the most critical data to M-Files and manage it there. And additionally, allow people to access it through their daily tools.
3 Steps to Increased Efficiency and Convenience
M-Files for Office 365 approaches the challenges of information management on three levels, making office work both more efficient for the business, and more convenient for employees.
- Free IT from the pain of migration and integrations. There’s no need for migration as information can be found, accessed, and managed regardless of its origin.
- Let people use their familiar daily tools even for document management. Employees can use their daily tools — like Teams or Outlook — to access and manage all documents and data.
- Let people focus on value-adding tasks. Employees do not need to waste time looking for information or tagging it as AI can eliminate routine tasks.