Did you know?
Under the Environmental Quality (Clean Air) Regulations 2014, an owner or occupier of premises shall not , without giving prior written notification to the DOE Director-General.:-
- Carry out any change in operation of his premises;
- Carry out any work on any premises that may result in a source of emission;
- Construct on any land, any building or premises designed or used for a purpose that may result in a new source of emission;
- Make, cause, or permit to be made any change of, to, or in any plant, machine, or equipment used or installed at the premises that cause a material change in the quantity or quality of emission from an existing source; or
- Carry out any changes or modifications to an existing air pollution control system.
The written notification shall be submitted to the state DOE not less than thirty days before the commencement of such work in a prescribed form.
Under Environmental Quality (Industrial Effluent) Regulations 2009, no person shall, without prior written notification to the Director General –
- Carry out any work on any premises that may result in a new source of discharge of industrial effluent or mixed effluent;
- Construct on any land, building or facility designed or used for a purpose that may cause the land or building or facility to result in a new source of discharge of industrial effluent or mixed effluent;
- Make or cause or permit to be made any change of, to, or in any plant, machine, or equipment used or installed at the premises that cause a material change in the quantity or quality of the discharge or release from an existing source; or
- Carry out upgrading work of an existing industrial effluent treatment system that may result in a material change in the quantity or quality of the discharge or release.
The written notification to carry out any work, construction or upgrading, or to make any change shall be submitted to the state DOE in the prescribed form within thirty days before the work or construction or upgrading commences.
Written Notification is required for the manufacturer and the designer to be fully responsible on the designs of the air pollution control system/air emission equipment/industrial effluent treatment system that are submitted.
There are 11 Written Notifications / Pemberitahuan Bertulis as below:
- Centrifugal Dust Collector (Axial-Flow Vortex Tubes)
- Centrifugal Dust Collector (Cyclone)
- Spray Booth
- Electrostatic Precipitator
- Bag Filter
- Fuel Burning Equipment
- Exhaust / Vent (Chimney)
- Industrial Effluent
The Written Notifications Forms contain information about the manufacturer, discharge emission or effluent, design of the equipment, design of the air pollution control system/industrial effluent treatment system, performance monitoring program and declaration from the manufacturer. For the forms listed above, each form may have specific equipment information prescribed in the form and manufacturer is required to furnish the required information.
Written Notification is implemented to replace Written Approval. The responsibilities of the equipment will lie on the authority for Written Approval because the authority approves it. But now with the implementation of Written Notification, the responsibility lies on the manufacturer and the authority will only taking note of the existence of the equipment.