Today, low code application development platforms are becoming the go-to option for enterprises to accelerate their digital journeys. According to Gartner, “low-code application platforms (LCAP) are expected to remain the largest component of the low-code development technology market through 2022, increasing nearly 30% from 2020 to reach $5.8 billion in 2021.”
What do you need to know about low code application development platforms?
A low code application development platform empowers professional IT developers and streamlines enterprise-wide workflows by enabling rapid development and deployment of complex, context-aware, and customer-centric business applications. It can help enterprises deliver a frictionless and hassle-free experience to their customers, employees, and partners.
With a low code platform, enterprises can:
- Enable end-to-end automation of complex and content-centric business processes
- Create domain-rich solutions to cater to dynamically evolving business requirements
- Rapidly design and develop enterprise-grade applications for web and mobile
- Drive continuous process improvement and enable a rich user experience with new-age technologies
Key business benefits to unlock
- Ensure happy customers: Today’s tech-savvy customers want you to respond quickly to their evolving needs. Here, low code arrives as a savior by allowing you to rapidly adapt to the changing market and customer needs.
- Empower IT: IT teams are burdened with the maintenance of systems with periodic updates, compliance checks, and various performance measurements. You can minimize this technical burden by automating such recurring tasks through low code capabilities, thereby letting your IT team handle more critical and dynamic processes.
- Enable Faster go-to-market: The platform can help reduce application development duration through reusable components and drag-and-drop tools. This enables enterprises to bring their applications to market quickly and timely incorporate any required changes.
- Enhance IT governance: Shadow IT is one of the most significant areas of concern for enterprises as it accrues technical debt and affects its overall risk monitoring. Low code deftly handles shadow IT by reducing dependency on third-party applications and ensuring a collaboration-driven work environment. Low code boosts IT governance by doing away with data, process, and security vulnerabilities.
Your enterprise can gain much more than speed and agility by leveraging low code with a suitable platform. Read this whitepaper to learn how a low code-based digital transformation platform can help organizations unlock simplicity by managing their content, processes, and communications.