by EDMS Consultants Sdn Bhd | Sep 12, 2022 | artificial intelligence, content services platform, contract management, digital records management, digital transformation platform, driving digital, information management, Newgen, Uncategorized
A content services platform is the ideal approach for optimizing business performance through efficient utilization of enterprise content. It can enable your organization to create, collaborate, share, transform, and leverage content for deriving business value.
The platform, backed with capabilities such as audio-video management, content analytics, cloud computing, records management, and others, enables secure document collaboration, facilitates anytime-anywhere information access, and helps derive valuable insights.
Unleash the Power of Content with Content Services Platform
Here are six ways in which a content services platform can help you efficiently leverage content:
- Ensuring Content Governance and Compliance: Ensure complete content governance for regulatory compliance. Create labels and policies, such as retention, disposition, and storage, to manage records while complying with various regulatory standards.
- Enabling Efficient Content Extraction: Extract critical data from paper and digital documents to enhance operational efficiency and reduce errors. Aggregate documents from disparate sources, make them legible, extract data with precision while continuously improving extraction accuracy.
- Facilitating Secure Information Access: Enable anytime-anywhere information access and real-time collaboration. Empower employees with smart search and intelligent recommendations.
- Driving Contextual Engagement: Capture, manage, and consume content generated in the context of business processes. Derive context from information, residing across various sources, and deliver personalized communications to customers across multiple touchpoints.
- Streamlining Content Lifecycle Management: Create, manage, share, and archive different types of content while enabling easy and secure access.
- Enabling Hybrid Records Management: Manage various records, including e-mails, physical, and electronic records, while retaining their integrity and authenticity. Create and manage multiple classification schemes for records that help in easy search and retrieval.
by EDMS Consultants Sdn Bhd | Dec 1, 2021 | content management system, content services platform, digital records management, information management, intelligent content services, Newgen, Uncategorized
Traditional ways of managing content are now passe. The burgeoning amount of content being generated today is forcing enterprises to look beyond traditional ECM systems. Enterprises are now looking towards pervasive utilization of content. And this has spurred the need for artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) based technologies in-built into content services platforms. With the pace at which the content services space is evolving, AI/ML and other modern technologies have long shifted from being “areas of interest” to the actual “roadmap items.”
Decoding Intelligent Content Services
Intelligent content services are about utilizing modern technologies to help analyze, organize, and deliver content at a larger scale. It provides opportunities like automated categorization and classification of documents, extraction of data, sentiment analysis, identification of sensitive content, and more.
Modern technologies like advanced OCR, NLP, AI/ML, and others have transformed the way content is handled. Enterprises now expect data to lead them in the right direction. For example, visual recognition services can now detect a missing signature on a contract seconds after it is uploaded, rather than waiting for days for a human to inspect its quality.
Intelligent Content Services Capabilities That You Can Leverage
- Automated categorization and indexing of documents for eliminating redundant tasks
- Identification of sensitive content and masking it for meeting compliance and governance goals
- Extraction of entities from content for providing insights and automating business processes
- Execution of sentiment analysis on customer communications for quick identification and solution of customer requirements and more
All the above capabilities can help your employees by making them more productive, more effective, and more compliant. This ultimately translates to delivering the best customer experience possible.
And There’s More…
While intelligent content services have a host of advantages which can help employees in a multitude of ways, its benefits can percolate and amaze your end customers too! For instance, through self-service web portals, your customers can verify their identity and documents through intelligent video recognition capabilities. Another very real and tangible benefit would be prompting your customers at a document collection portal to ensure that the correct set of documents are uploaded.
With intelligent content services, the opportunities are endless! Newgen’s contextual content services platform has comprehensive intelligent content services capabilities that can help you boost your employee productivity and offer a superior customer experience. Recently our content services platform has received the highest possible rating for its intelligent content services in Forrester Wave: Content Platforms, Q2 2021. Read the complete report for detailed insights.
by EDMS Consultants Sdn Bhd | Nov 5, 2020 | digital records management, driving digital, information security, Newgen, Uncategorized
The importance of robust processes and high-level security in managing organizational records and data cannot be overstated, especially for government organizations. Governmental organizations require various security and access control functionalities in order to ensure compliance with corporate information security guidelines. Further, they require records managers to aggregate records from multiple channels while adhering to dynamic guidelines and compliances.
A records manager facilitates document acquisition from multiple sources while arranging them in a predefined, hierarchical file plan—indexing, archiving, searching, and maintaining the integrity of the records by not allowing any sort of modifications to documents, marked as records. They also work to define filing and retention rules to keep records active for a stipulated period, including rules for naming, storage, and hierarchy management, among others.
Such detail-driven and complex records management processes are nearly impossible when executed manually, especially with the sheer volume of incoming records within government organizations. Digitizing and automating the records management process is the key to sustaining a high quality of work, without sacrificing efficiency, security, or compliance.
Digital is No Longer Optional—It’s Imperative!
Take, for example, the custodian of national records and heritage need to digitize the operations of all government entities related to the archives to build a modern records management system. To successfully execute this vision across all the government agencies and entities with governmental stake, the custodian will have to define the regulatory guidelines and standards, to be adopted within a pre-determined time period.
For organizations like these, digitization is truly the only way forward. In an increasingly digital and technologically-forward world, they must be prepared to deal with documents and data in any format—be it analog or digital. Perhaps more importantly, governmental organizations, have a responsibility to maintain comprehensive and secure records, to easily manage those records as needed, and to remain on the cutting edge.
That means going digital.
Bumps in the Road to Digital
Digital places a variety of demands on government organizations, making it a challenge to fulfill requirements in time for compliance. Furthermore, adhering to a long-term vision requires organizations to look beyond compliance requirements, at the future impact of immediate steps.
Some of the specific challenges faced by governmental organizations include:
- Unique compliance items, each with its comprehensive requirements
- Managing electronic and physical records using the same platform
- Managing metadata continuously across any record’s lifecycle
- Maintaining information per the standard guidelines
- Balancing user experience against system complexity and compliance requirements
- Updating the system in the future based on new, and continuously changing, retention schedules
- Maintaining information security across various systems
Looking to the Horizon
While the goal for compliance is a short-term requirement, it is important to understand the long-term vision for digitizing records and correspondences by:
- Treating information as an asset and exercising tight control of the record’s end-to-end lifecycle, from creation to disposition (and archival), to ensure integrity and accountability
- Ensuring that processes, as well as end-products (records, documents, correspondences), are digital, for effective governance and visibility
- Making all records accessible, given the requisite authorizations, to immediate stakeholders, the broader community, and other departments and agencies
- Building a system that is not only sustainable and scalable, but also secure and compliant with the applicable standards
The Path to Digital
Record managers and policy administrators can define the lifecycle of physical and electronic records within their system. The system then facilitates, (1) the definition of rules for the tracking and movement of records across users and, (2) the setting of rules for record archival and final destruction. To progress down the path of digitizing their records management process, organizations must move through certain stages:
- Getting ready
- Define their strategic and operational plans
- Examine the organization’s records, inventory, and taxonomy
- Assess the policies and processes pertaining to records management
- Establish retention schedules and disposition requirements
- Making it happen
- Establish a technology platform with digital capabilities
- Implement end-to-end digital records management by leveraging a robust platform
- Moving beyond compliance
- Embrace the future with extensible records management
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies
- Scale and build adoption capabilities
Speeding into the Future
Digitization of national and state records is a critical achievement. However, it is more apt to consider it a series of ongoing steps, rather than a concrete milestone. These steps will continue indefinitely to achieve an efficient, secure, connected, and cutting-edge government ecosystem.