The pandemic has forced organizations globally to reinvent and realign their digital transformation strategies. Today, digital transformation is no longer a matter of choice. And the energy and utilities sector (E&U) is no exception to this trend. Many E&U organizations have made significant investments in their digital initiatives to sustain their market share and thrive in the aftermath of the pandemic.
Despite the investments in modern, digital technologies, E&U organizations have not been able to fully harness the power of digital. This is primarily due to:
- Huge number of documents involved
- Disjointed technical processes
- Multiple rounds of submissions, approvals, and rejections
- Complex peripheral processes like invoicing
- Persisting dependence on manual interventions
- Short timelines and expensive delays
The Right Step Forward
The need of the hour for E&U organizations is to leverage a unified project management system for the entire project lifecycle that connects documents, processes, people, and devices. A unified interface will enable these organizations to streamline all functions like submittals under multiple disciplines. The interface will bring these functions to the appropriate processing channel, be it through a document-intensive or template-based workflow.
This would enhance operational efficiency, reduce various maintenance-related overheads, and help E&U organizations become future-ready.
Webinar: Accelerating Digital Transformation in the Energy and Utilities Sector ? A Use Case
Recently Newgen and Wipro hosted a joint webinar, where Carlos Santos (Head of Western Canada and Canadian Alliance Partnerships, Wipro) and I shared our thoughts, experiences, and insights on why E&U organizations must accelerate their digital transformation efforts.
Our overall discussion featured the following:
- Significant trends and drivers influencing digital processes
- Various challenges associated with document engineering and management of documents
- Use cases
- Case studies and best practices
Watch the full recording of the webinar and gain insights into how E&U organizations can accelerate their digital journeys.